The dentist may recommend a crown in a few circumstances:
- Significant loss of tooth structure.
- The tooth has sustained extensive damage due to decay or trauma.
- The tooth is weak and likely to chip or break.
- The tooth is poorly shaped or discolored.
- The tooth has undergone a root canal and needs protection.
A dental bridge is another option for dealing with a missing or damaged tooth.
Bridgework literally bridges the gap where there are missing teeth. The remaining teeth on either side of the gap, called abutments, are trimmed and covered with a crown.
Don’t let missing or damaged teeth affect your smile. Talk with a Dr. Delia to see what options you have for restoring your smile and keeping your mouth healthy. You may find that dental crowns & bridgework can give you the smile you always wanted.