Dr. Delia feels strongly about the prevention of oral disease and the overall health of her patients. At Delia Dentistry, we will work closely with each patient to create an individualized program that incorporates every aspect of prevention and maintenance.
Preventive dental care is key to keeping your teeth and gums healthy throughout the course of your life. But it goes beyond that. Good oral health can impact your general health, as well. Preventive dentistry is dental care that helps maintain good oral health. It’s a combination of regular dental check-ups along with developing good habits like brushing and flossing. Taking care of your teeth starts early in childhood and extends throughout the course of your life.
Preventive dentistry services may include
Regular oral exams, usually every 6 months or less
Ready for Your Preventive Dental Care?
Are dental X-Rays hazardous to humans?
As an office that offers full-service dentistry, we understand that patients are concerned about taking dental x-rays and incurring any unnecessary radiation or additional costs. From our perspective, we cannot provide an accurate diagnosis, even for a cleaning, without x-rays. We want to be sure we are providing the best care to our patients, and without x-rays there is a lot that we could be missing including periodontal disease, cavities, root fractures and root abscesses.
Many dental problems don’t have symptoms until the disease has progressed to a point of requiring treatment such as root canals or extraction. Our doctors diagnosed many that could have been prevented with the help of digital images.
Radiation from digital dental images is lower than most environmental exposure:
Your Get more radiation exposure from the following then Dental X-Rays:
- Flight from New York to California
- Cell phones, fluorescent lamps, microwaves and computers
Preventive dental care is a partnership between you and Dr. Delia. Developing healthy dental habits early in life can help reduce cavities, gum disease, and gingivitis.
Here are the basics of good oral health:
- Brush your teeth at least 2 times a day—usually morning and night–using a soft-bristled brush and a fluoride toothpaste. Dr. Delia will recommend the best toothbrush and toothpaste for you.
- Floss daily.
Regular preventive dental exams provide the following benefits to your oral health:
- It lowers your risk for tooth decay, periodontal diseases.
- Helps promote good oral hygiene habits, such as brushing your teeth at least twice a day and flossing.
- Enables your dentist to do a full exam of your mouth, jaw, neck, etc. to identify any related problems.
- Help reduce dental problems related to some chronic medical conditions.
Diabetes, osteoporosis, certain cancers, and eating disorders can all influence dental and oral health. For people with chronic conditions, regular preventive dental care is an important part of whole-person health.
We are pleased to offer our patients the benefits of soft tissue laser dentistry. Dental lasers work the same way as lasers used for other medical procedures. They allow us to focus a directed beam of light and remove problematic tissue without affecting the healthy surrounding tissue. The staff at Delia Dentistry is certified in the use of Laser Dentistry
Dental lasers promote faster healing and allow us to perform a number of procedures with no discomfort and little to no bleeding after treatment. Procedures commonly performed with dental lasers include:
- Comfortable, efficient periodontal treatment including gingivectomies
- Recontouring of gum tissue for a more attractive smile
- Treatment of herpetic and canker sores to shorten their duration and minimize future outbreaks